Saturday, September 3, 2011

100 Posts


It's official. I've written 100 posts. You're actually reading #101. Weird. It doesn't feel like I've written that much and while 100 is not a lot in the blogger community, it just doesn't feel like I've even reached that number.

I thought this milestone would provide a nice opportunity for me to do a brain dump of why I blog. Here goes...
  • I like to write. I used to write my own monologues for fun back when I was taking theater classes. I had forgotten about that interest. I can't say that writing is a passion of mine, but it does give me some sense of fulfillment.
  • I like capturing memories. I used to scrapbook, but there's just not enough time for that in my life these days. What with a toddler and all...
  • I like to reflect - to look back on something I had written. Reading something I had written a long time ago allows me to see how priorities change. How life changes. How interests change. How my writing changes. But even reading something that I had just written 5 minutes before gives me a chance to think about what choosing to write those words say about me.
  • I like to analyze. I'm such an analytical person. Each post I've written has given me a chance to ponder a thought or interest or significance of something more so than I probably would have had I not blogged about it.
  • Blogging holds me accountable. It's a documented account of things that I am interested in and value. Those documented events, activities, interests, etc. remind me of how I want to spend my time.
  • I've learned a lot from mommy bloggers who have been willing to share their experiences. I've been inspired by them to do things that fulfill me as a mom. It seems fair to share my own experiences and learnings with others through the same vehicle.
Happy 100 bloggy blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment