Monday, August 1, 2011

Chase's Ice Cream Parlor

I had a great conversation with my boss earlier today about how important it is to show gratitude to the caregivers and/or teachers that take care of your kids everyday.  I'm lucky to work for an amazing working mom to both learn from and simply chat about shared beliefs when it comes to raising kids. My boss is definitely my role model when it comes to showing Chase's daycare providers how much I appreciate everything they do on a day to day basis.  She has done so much for her daughter's teachers throughout the years.  

We talked about how we both never take for granted how much of an impact teachers and providers have on our kids.  We both believe in treating them the same way that we would want them to treat our kids - with respect, patience, gratitude, praise, encouragement and recognition.  We probably think alike in this way for the same reasons we both found ourselves doing the work we do in training. 

The conversation I had with her earlier reminded me of an ice cream thank you treat that I put together for the Teacher Appreciation week at Chase's day care (May 2011).  I realized that I hadn't shared it yet here...
It was pretty easy to put together.  Time spent was for grocery shopping and making the sign, which I did using Word.  I pulled the background image from Google Images. I didn't have the time to upload Chase's photo onto the document I was working on so I just attached the picture separately with double sided tape.  The hubby does the morning drop off so I asked him to set this up in the teacher's break room.  I armed him with this photo that I took the night before...otherwise, who knows how it would have ended up.  ;)

Here's a closer look at the sign. Hope this inspires you to creatively express your appreciation to others that positively impact your little one's day.  


5 comments:

  1. You are so awesome!!! Love it!! -alan a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan! That means a lot!! :) can't wait to see you and the fam. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love this idea- and the visuals make it so easy to copy (the highest form of flattery). P.S. Your boss sounds cool ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. let's try that again...the above message is from me ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured that was you. Thanks Becky! And yes, my boss is ULTRA cool. :D I'm lucky to have her in my life!!!! Honestly and sincerely... :D

    ReplyDelete