Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Story Time//Return of the Bad Guy

Chase has a story to tell. But first, here's some weekend love: 

We had an amazingly jam packed time in the bay area these past 4 days. They were filled with visiting friends and kiddies in San Jose, spending time with Paul's family in Daly City, touring around SF with Chase and Paul's brother, John, serving as cord sponsors @ a family wedding in Vallejo/Fairfield (where we were still able to catch the Pacquiao/Margarito fight) and a last minute 12 hour overnight visit with my family in Sacramento.  

My favorite memory, though, has to be Chase wandering around Haight Street in SF.  He took full advantage of his mobile status by wandering into stores, dancing to music and simply amusing everyone around him. 

Weird thing about it is Chase's version of the day.  

According to Chase, here's how the day went down...

I was shopping around Haight St., in San Francisco, minding my own business.  You know , doing normal stuff. Details? How you mean? Well, it was Saturday and everyone knows that the best time to go to......well, let's just call it the hat shop.   Why? Listen, I like this shop. Not too many people you know what I'm sayin? If I went around dropping the name..well, let's just say I like to keep some things to myself. 

Anyway, back to the story. New arrivals usually come in on Saturday. I like to go in at 10. Not as soon as they open, but soon after. That way the new hats are already out on display, but it's not so late that some might be gone.  You know what I mean. I mean, you must have a favorite store. 

I didn't find anything. So I left. I usually only need about 2 minutes to figure out if any piece is worth picking up. Today the answer was no.  Anyway, that was the first time I sensed something was up. Describe it? It was just weird. Nothing more. Nothing less. But I shrugged it off. And I strolled. 

I was heading next door. My usual routine. My buddy Mateo owns the joint. Man. I've known that cat all my life. Cool people. I never made it in to his joint though.


Spotted this note. I knew he left it for me. Naw..not Mateo. Him. Naw. I vowed never to say his name. Besides, he goes by Bad Guy now. Period. That should say it all.  I mean, am I right?

What did I do? What would you do? What would anyone do? I took off. Haight Street. Bad Guy. Not a good mix. Yah know what I'm sayin? 

I kept looking behind me. One time, I swear I saw him. 

So I hoisted myself into a store window. Good thinking right? Wrong. Apparently, the store owners  were not amused. At all. They kicked me out. I didn't know where else to go. Then I remembered. 

Daddy said to meet him. @ the curb. So I went. No. Wait.

He said steps. So I went. And waited.


And, as always, dad came. To the rescue. He's the awesomest. Bad Guy? Doesn't even matter. Dad came. Period. 

3 comments:

  1. Homie's got nicer shoes than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Chase! Too bad you never made it to Mateo's joint. He'll be waiting next time your in the Haight. Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete